Onsite Campus Support Application
Terms and Conditions of Participation:
- Parents/guardians are required to sign the “Acknowledgement and Disclosure” form on the website; must complete application and waiver form signed; and submit to Southgate Academy to be considered before the first day of attendance. Applications will be received from Thursday at opening of business until Friday at 10am the week before services are requested. Parents must apply weekly. Parents will receive confirmation of whether their student has qualified for this service.
- Capacity of this service is dependent upon staff and facility availability.
- Southgate Academy will implement advance scheduling procedures to facilitate planning and to ensure that the number of students present for onsite support does not exceed staffing levels, recommended physical distancing and onsite capacity on any given day.
- Given the ever-changing conditions and impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, student participation, staffing and resources in the service may vary from week to week. Therefore, participation confirmations will be renewed on each Friday, on a weekly basis, to ensure that Southgate Academy will have necessary staff and capacity to meet student needs. Calls on application approvals will be completed each Friday afternoon to prepare for the next week.
- Supervision is available during school hours (7:30 am - 3:30 pm). Southgate Academy will not be able to provide Transportation for these support services.
- Students will be expected to be self-directed and follow all Southgate Academy rules, policies, and regulations. Appropriate behavior is expected, and the Code of Conduct will be followed. Students may be subject to school discipline and removal from services for violations of school rules and district policies and regulations.
- Students not approved for participation in the service cannot walk-in or be dropped-off without acceptance of an application by Chief Academic Administrator.
- To ensure the health and safety of all participants, students must stay in their assigned area with their assigned group of students in a “cohort” and must remain actively engaged in their remote learning.
- Breaks, breakfast, and lunch are scheduled each day.
- Students will be grouped by grade-level/families whenever possible.
- In accordance with local government requirements, face mask protocols will be enforced for all staff and students. Cleaning and hygiene guidelines are strictly followed.
- Students must be picked up at the end of the regular school day for that school site. The person picking up the student must be in our student information system and an individual who is permitted to pick up the student. No campus visitors. Students can only be picked up during the ten-minute pick-up window. Exceptions will be made if the child becomes ill or in the case of emergency. If a child is not picked up on time, they may not return to the service.